A decision has been made by him to snub him and proceed along with her life. And through the track this woman is essentially saying the good reasons she’s got done this along with delineating the results thereof. As well as in the procedure, a couple is thrown by her of jabs at guys generally speaking.
By way of example, the track starts using the line вЂњwhy are males great вЂ™til they surely got to be greatвЂќ. It is designed to be a critique especially against guys in energy and generally resistant to the recognized ineptitude of males to handle those seats efficiently.
The very first verse features Lizzo dissing some guy whom evidently she simply dumped.
Her rationale for performing this is apparently which he wasn’t serious. Plus in the method, based on her, he destroyed a bi*ch that isвЂњbad who was simply ready to assist him become successful.
The 2nd verse illustrates some animosity that existed amongst the two of those. This basically means, her ex deliberately attempted to harm Lizzo by вЂbreaking her heartвЂ™. But she asserts that she ended up being never ever emotionally-vested within the very first spot to the purpose to become that susceptible. Then she insinuates her his вЂњside chickвЂќ, which of course she did not appreciate that he was trying to make. Therefore now Lizzo is reveling within the undeniable fact that the homey is вЂњback with (his) bi*chвЂќ and that sheвЂ™s again single. Put simply, she actually is perhaps not marriage that is sweating this time.
In reality her passions appear to have already shifted onto to 1 of her exвЂ™s homeboys.
Chorus and Bridge
Meanwhile the chorus weaves a brief story of guy evidently attempting to dump her via text, that is one thing just as before she didn’t appreciate. Therefore Lizzo has made a decision to ignore him. In fact she now features a вЂњnew manвЂќ that is a part for the вЂњMinnesota VikingsвЂќ вЂ“ a specialist soccer group вЂ“ who she states is вЂњmore excitingвЂќ than her ex. This needless to say will вЂhurtвЂ™ him, but as of this point, she doesnвЂ™t appear to really care.
As a result, the bridge is made of Lizzo fundamentally mocking her ex when you look at the feeling that she’s got unexpectedly excommunicated him and contains no intention of searching right back.
Even though the man this track will be based upon might not have obliterated LizzoвЂ™s heart, it’s obvious which he caused her some extent of psychological vexation. However now it is extremely he that is in discomfort because of learning the вЂњtruthвЂќ, that is in herself to progress in life without him that she is confident enough. Thus the name associated with the song вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ!
Factual statements about вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ
- Lizzo penned вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ alongside three other noted songwriters. These are generally: Ricky Reed, Jesse Saint John and Steven Cheung.
- The songвЂ™s co-writer Ricky Reed additionally handled manufacturing associated with the track.
- Lizzo formally released вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ on 19 September 2017.
- Though at first released as an individual maybe perhaps not connected with any record, вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ is put into the sound recording associated with the NetflixвЂ™s 2019 comedy that is romantic anyone Great. Additionally it is played during one of many most-memorable scenes of this film. In fact вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ plus the film some body Great are derived from comparable themes of recuperating from heartbreak.
- Over per year and-a-half following the launch of вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ, a viral social-media occurrence dubbed the DNA Test Challenge, which can be predicated on a line through the track, started dominating the favorite TikTok android application. This trend made the track a lot more famous.
вЂњTruth HurtsвЂќ won Lizzo a Grammy during the Grammys that is 62nd in вЂњBest Pop Solo EfficiencyвЂќ category. In winning that category, she overcome the songs that are following
- Taylor SwiftвЂ™s вЂњYou Must Calm DownвЂњ
- Billie EilishвЂ™s вЂњBad ManвЂќ
- Ariana GrandeвЂ™s вЂњ7 RingsвЂќ
- BeyoncГ©вЂ™s вЂњSpiritвЂњ